Monday, October 11, 2010

Derailed- by a Tooth Ache!

I'm not the most, how to say, observant person when it comes to my own health.
Don't get me wrong, if I have a cold, I'll take something for it.  I groom myself (even if I go a bit too long between haircuts...), exercise a bit and remember to put on clean socks.
But, sometimes my kids- ACK MY KIDS!!!- take over my life to the point that I put off things for myself.
I scheduled a routine dental appointment in March of 09.  And then, when one kidlet got ill, I moved it to April of 09.  Then we got evacuated from our home and spent a month looking for a new home so I moved it to June of 09.  Then another kidlet had to fly cross country for a wedding and I didn't have the funds.  So, it got pushed back again.  And again.  And again... until I stopped really thinking about it very much at all.  I mean, I brush and floss regularly.  I use mouth wash.  I chew sugar-free gum... It can't hurt to let it go a few extra months... right?

Apparently, and I'm hanging my head in shame, I was wrong.  I'm not wrong often (at least not in Hubby's earshot) but this time I was WRONG.

I got sick with a bad cold over the weekend and my tooth started aching.  I figured, "Hey, I'll wait until Monday and go get it checked out."  On Sunday night I ended up in the ER with an abscessed tooth that was giving me blood poisoning.  *face palm of shame*

So, needless to say, I did see a dentist today... and instead of the nice pleasant cleaning I was hoping to need... I got oral surgery and a lecture about neglecting myself and strict orders for a few more days of bed rest.

So- an entire weekend of cooking projects- derailed.

But, this is probably one of my favorite times of the year and the projects I've got lined up for the next few weeks are exciting and awesome and in some senses too darn cute to talk about up front!

So, I will see you again soon with more fun and tasty treats, tricks, crafts, and tales of my life as a Stay-At-Home Geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you-