Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tom Neely & Dylan Williams Speak Out On Their Customs Seizure Experience

While I might not read the books personally or agree with things in the books (heck, I don't even watch Law and Order because I think it's disgusting and it makes me physically ill), I'll support their rights to free speech and expression. This just points out a bit more explicitly that other countries don't have the same freedoms.


Posted Thursday, May 12th, 2011

Last weekend artist Tom Neely and publisher Dylan Williams were stopped and searched by Canada Customs on their way to the Toronto Comics Art Festival. Customs officers seized copies of two items they were bringing to the festival, Black Eye, an anthology of comics Neely contributed to, and Young Lions, a graphic novel by Blaise Larmee. The CBLDF caught up with Neely & Williams over email when they returned to the United States to learn more details about their ordeal.

For more information, go here:
Tom Neely & Dylan Williams Speak Out On Their Customs Seizure Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you-