Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day Off

As a Mom, a writer, a chef, and the all around Jane-of-All-Trades for my house, I rarely ever get time to sit on the couch and just veg.
Today, I just took the day off.

I'm still Mom.  I'm still writing.  I'm definitely cooking.  But, I'm not pushing through a schedule for once.
I sent Chaos to nap.  Doc fell asleep.  And I cleared the couch off.  I picked up all the toys.  I pulled out my pile of mending.  And I just sat.  Sewing, I've discovered, is about the only activity I don't do while standing.  Heck- I multi-function so much that I catch up on knitting during nature walks with the kids.  Today's mending pile had two stuffed animals and a shirt in it.  The stuffed animals were nothing- a quick seam repair and they were back in the respective toy boxes.  The shirt, on the other hand, is a real pain in the rear.


Hubby is a big guy.  He's 6 foot 4.  His shirts are expensive.  So, we loved it when his company gave him a stack of high-quality company logo shirts two years ago.  The killer came when the company was bought out.  Hubby kept his job, but under a new company name.  All his shirts became unwearable to work.  So, after doing a clothing inventory, I came to a quick conclusion- either I buy him a stack of new shirts or I find a way to remove the company logo. 


Guess what I'm doing today?  If you said "picking apart embroidery," you'd be right.


I love using a seam ripper--- except on machine embroidery.
Grrr.  It's taken me close to three hours to get the first letter off.


Hopefully, I can use this as an excuse to sit and have some me time.  (Hopefully I won't get faster at it, either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you-