- Swap to reusable grocery bags- I have a ton of these bags. Sadly, I'm guilty of never having them at the moment I'm at the grocery store. So, my goal is to get these in the van and start using them.
- Begin drinking diet sodas- Note the word "begin". The plan this month is to swap some of the full sugar soda that I drink for sugar-free versions. I'm thinking this will happen something along the lines of 1 sugar free soda for every 2 full-sugar sodas I drink. I hope in later months to introduce more change.
- Write a bi-weekly menu- I do this often, but with fibromyalgia, I'm rarely certain which days I'll be able to stand long enough to cook a full meal. So, I'm going to start writing a fibromyalgia based menu of meals that require minimal prep or prep than can be done sitting or broken into smaller sessions.
- Use lotion- I have the world's driest skin. It breaks out in weird rashes and spots from being so dry. I buy expensive lotion... and never use it. That's a real waste of money and skin cells.
- Zone Cleaning- I've tried FlyLady and I've got to say... it doesn't work for us. (It assumes that the other members of the household CARE that the house is clean or dirty.) However, zone cleaning has always worked well- I just stopped doing it when we moved because I took forever to unpack. Now that I'm unpacked, Zone Cleaning will be restarted again.
- Establish a writing schedule- I've pared back from 60 hours of writing per week (mostly for others) to a manageable 2 hours per day. I'm going to develop a better writing schedule and begin planning ahead.
- Eat Lunch- I rarely eat anything I cook. Even worse, I end up grabbing a soda for lunch and forgetting to eat until dinner. So, in January, I will eat lunch. Plain and simple.
- Brush my hair- I confess, I'm a clean person. I shower daily (sometimes several times a day). I always wear clean clothes. But, yeah... most the time I don't have time to brush my hair. It's longer than ever now and is such a pain to brush with all the curls and thickness. Most days I can get away with it. But, once in a while, I get a knot and then don't have the time to take care of it. I wear a lot of buns and ponytails. So, brushing my hair WILL happen.
- Use an alarm clock- I wake up currently when the kids wake up. I want to get back on a sleep schedule, though. So, the alarm clock (which is unpacked) will be plugged in.
- Clear off the counter tops- I'm guilty of letting dishes dry on the rack overnight. No more. I will have clean counter tops every night.
- Label everything- This is huge for me. I'm one of those weirdos that LOVE to label things. I'm going to label as much as I can get away with before my Husband stops me.
More changes to come in February.
So, what changes are you looking forward to in the New Year?