Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cookie Capers- Oh My!

Every year in Wheeling the local Easter Seals has what they call the Cookie Caper.  Basically, this is a giant bake sale where people pre-order a dozen cookies.  The cookies are supplied by home bakers, like myself.

Easter Seals is a program that offers rehabilitative and assistance programs to children with disabilities.  All three of Doc's therapists (physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy) are associated with Easter Seals.  He works with them at NO COST to me through various grants, funds, and other assistance programs.

Since they do so much for us- and don't ask for a penny from me- I like to help them out with their bake sale.  If there's one thing I can do well, it's bake!

I've spent the morning making triple batches of The Big Tex.  I used a smaller cookie scoop (I normally use a full sized ice cream scoop) so that I could make more cookies per batch of dough.  Don't worry though- these cookies are still pretty large.  Instead of the usual five inches across, these cookies are about 2.5 inches.

And, since Doc- my biggest cookie critic- hasn't complained, I'll assume I made another perfect batch.

24 dozen down... 16 dozen to go!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you-